Military relocation is one of the most stressful times in a military family's life. For most military families, PCSing (Permanent Change of Station) will happen multiple times over a career. After a few moves you begin to feel like more of an expert. You learn how to organize each room for the strangers who come in to pack you out. You know just what to have the movers pack and what to keep behind as you travel. You even learn to release control…because, let’s face it, the illusion of control is just that — an illusion. Uncle Sam tells you where you are going, when you are going, and how long you'll be there.
Despite feeling like someone else gets to make all your decisions, there are still plenty of decisions you will get to weigh in on. The biggest one being where you will live. We here at FIT Realty want you to know we are here for you! Let our military friendly agents help you weed through the issues of finding your new home.
Hampton Roads is a military rich area, with multiple bases representing all branches of the military. Because of that we have been in the business of helping military families find homes and navigate the VA Loan process for many years. Let our years of experience help make your move the smoothest it can be.
Here at FIT Realty we not only have agents who are well versed in the VA Loan process and all the issues of both buying and selling for the military family, but we also have agents who have been intimately involved in the PCS process themselves. Some of our agents are veterans. Some are former military spouses. And many are current spouses are excited to bring their personal expertise to your moving experience. They get you. They understand all the intricacies of military moving as only someone who's done it can.
Our affiliate, SimonTowne Mortgage, led by Sherry Reid, Venture President, has helped scores of families and military members navigate the VA Loan process, from the pre-approval letter to the final closing. These loan specialists stand by ready to help you!
Here are 5 Ways FIT Realty makes buying and selling houses seamless for military members
- Technology closes the gap. We are willing to use whatever means necessary to communicate with you from wherever you are. Many families need to start looking for their next home while they are still miles away. Sometimes even overseas. Let us know what your needs are! We are here for you!
- We will accommodate your schedule. If you are able to come on a house hunting trip ahead of your PCS, set up a date with one of our agents. Discuss what your needs are, what kind of home you’re looking for and any details that will help us find you a home. Let us compile a list of homes to show you. We’re ready to show you around town!
- We know Hampton Roads. Our agents are experts in the local area. They can help you understand commute times and highlights of specific areas of Hampton Roads. Choosing where to search in a new city can be frustrating and confusing. Let our agents share their experience with you.
- We're connected. When you get those military orders and it’s time to sell and leave the area, let our agents help you figure out what you need to do to get your house sold. We have a network of people we can recommend for repairs, listing photography, staging and anything else you need to get your house ready for sale. Let us be your point of contact!
- You can trust our agents. If you need to move before your house is sold, our agents are ready to help manage your sale for you. We do all the listing and marketing of your home and promise to manage the sale of your home even if you can’t be here to physically oversee it. Once again, technology can make this process easier than ever before. Let us be your new Facetime friend!
Serving in the military is a special calling. We honor our veterans. The active duty members, former members, retired members and all the families who sacrifice so much for our country. Thank you for your service. You lay it all on the line for us every day. Let us support you in this very important time in your life. FIT Realty is here to help you with all your real estate buying and selling needs.